Today, I’m Worth Saving!



Meet Glenna. A young mother with two daughters, Glenna was going to school, planning a career as a nurse. But when her husband was sent to prison, her life changed for the worse. “I turned into a different person monster.”

Living on the streets, pursuing her addiction by any means possible, she gave up her daughters to her mother’s care. She was arrested multiple times for selling drugs, and ended up spending seven years and two months in prison. “I didn’t know how to ask for help. I was tired of packing it … all that pain.”

She finally got the help she so desperately needed, and “life is good today.” “

Since I’ve been at The Salvation Army, I’ve learned to love me.” “I go to church now … I do the things I’m supposed to do to stay clean and sober.”

“God has a plan for me, because the things I was doing out on the streets … I shouldn’t even be here today. But I’m here … and I’m here for a reason. I’m here to live. I’m here to tell somebody else my story. Because I just may save somebody else’s life.”

Read more true stories of recovery at: http://satruck.org/about/news/stories


The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"What If Every Day Was Black Friday?





The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"At The Salvation Army, Save Money Means Saving Lives"