Whose Life Will Your Donation Transform?




“I learned more in my 11 months at The Salvation Army than I learned in 42 years of life.”

Husband. Father. Businessman. Paul had a good life. Then he lost it all to alcohol and crack cocaine.

“I did things I never thought I would do … Using around my kids. Lying to my children and my family. Stealing from my family. Stealing from my company.”

Paul went to two or three different treatment centers to try and get the help he needed, but none were spiritually based. “I still had a huge hole inside me. A lot of guilt. A lot of shame.”

Homeless and spiritually bankrupt, Paul finally walked into the chapel of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center, hit his knees and said, “God, I give up.”

But God hadn't given up on him. “He was there. Through The Salvation Army, He was there.”

Now clean and sober, Paul has reunited with his children, rejoined his family business and reclaimed his soul.

“The Salvation Army gave me a chance at redemption. They saved my life … a life I cherish today.”


The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"What If Every Day Was Black Friday?





The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"At The Salvation Army, Save Money Means Saving Lives"