Salvation Army Gives Thousands of Shoes Away for Annual Event



Pairs of shoes filled the gym of the Salvation Army in Charlottesville on Saturday morning. As their doors opened, people in need of a few pairs flocked in.

“I got sneakers, I got cleats, I got boots,” says Loreen Steinocher.

All types of shoes lined the walls allowing people to sort through them and pick out a couple pairs.

Steinocher got seven pairs of shoes and is always pleased with the work done by the Salvation Army.

“I think the Salvation Army is doing a very good thing for the community,” says Steinocher. “I think to support the Salvation Army is a wonderful thing.”

The Salvation Army collects shoes all year long and local businesses host shoes drives.

Read the full story here.


The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"What If Every Day Was Black Friday?





The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"At The Salvation Army, Save Money Means Saving Lives"