Addict to Attorney



With nowhere to go but The Salvation Army, Tracy Hughes makes the most of his recovery.
My mother and father were divorced when I was very young. I was raised by my mother. Life was normal until the age of 12, when my mother started using drugs. She became more concerned with supporting her addiction than paying the rent, utilities and buying food. I too started using drugs at the age of 13.

Shortly after, my mother was sentenced to multiple years in a women’s state prison as the result of her drug use. I was sent to live with my father, who had never been a part of my life. My main concern was getting friends, and the first group to accept me was the party crowd. Over the next few years I went to a lot of parties and for a while, it seemed fun. However, my addiction progressed rapidly.

Read the full story here.


The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"What If Every Day Was Black Friday?





The Salvation Army of Northern Virginia Stores Featured on WUSA
"At The Salvation Army, Save Money Means Saving Lives"